So one of my best friends just got into surfing MAJORLY and the rest of us have all been dragged along with the wave (what an epic pun that was). The thing about surfing is though, it has this whole complete language of itself, mellow bra. There’s lots of cool stuff about surfing though:
1) I can tell the direction of the wind now, and often lick my finger and stick it in the air (all for show obviously), so I feel like a geographical boss
2) I learnt lots about the sea, waves and tides and stuff (like how its much easier to take a rip to backline instead of spending 9812763498273640856 hours trying to paddle against waves)
3) Nearly every surfer is hot
4) You feel super strong and hardcore and like a boss
5) Kay this is the main reason: SURFING MAKES THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHS
So basically I cannot yet stand for more than 2 seconds and basically spent 3 hours paddling non-stoop and being terrified of sharks. So in conclusion, if you’re not brave enough to be a surfer, be the photographer. Amen.