I’m doing that thing now where there’s no-one else at home and you get to BLAST THE MUSIC ONLY YOU LOVE AT FULL VOLUME!
So one of my best friends just got into surfing MAJORLY and the rest of us have all been dragged along with the wave (what an epic pun that was). The thing about surfing is though, it has this whole complete language of itself, mellow bra. There’s lots of cool stuff about surfing though:
1) I can tell the direction of the wind now, and often lick my finger and stick it in the air (all for show obviously), so I feel like a geographical boss
2) I learnt lots about the sea, waves and tides and stuff (like how its much easier to take a rip to backline instead of spending 9812763498273640856 hours trying to paddle against waves)
3) Nearly every surfer is hot
4) You feel super strong and hardcore and like a boss
5) Kay this is the main reason: SURFING MAKES THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHS
So basically I cannot yet stand for more than 2 seconds and basically spent 3 hours paddling non-stoop and being terrified of sharks. So in conclusion, if you’re not brave enough to be a surfer, be the photographer. Amen.
You know, I scroll through loads of photos, thoughts and profiles of people, and even the lamest of the lame have this weird tendency to look super awesomely cool online. Even the ugliest of the bunch (with some help from instagram) look fabulous. people get to create this super fab image for themselves, because they can choose not to upload pictures of themselves on they days they spend alone infront of the TV watching Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries, and instead they upload that one random day when they were out with their friends looking glamorous and make-uped. So then I got to thinking, why couldn’t I do the same. So here are some reasons why I started using tumblr, in point form of course, because point form is awesome:
- Firstly let me use up this bullet point so my list looks longer
- I got jealous of people who blogged because their lives look so much more fun and beautiful than mine
- Then I realised: OH WAIT MY LIFE IS AWESOME
- But my friends and I don’t really upload pictures of what we do on Facebook (to contrast with super annoying facebook girls) so i never get to show you all the cool stuff we get up to
- Which is fun, of course
- I get to write what i think (YAY OPINIONS) and i have more than 140 char (damn you twitter)
- And then I get to look super awesome like you guys
- Also I just got hipster glasses and thus I am compelled to be hipster online
- There was another reason, but I can’t remember what it was
Okay now that I have misused the whole purpose of bullet points, LET THE KIND-OF BLOGGING BEGIN!